Thursday, April 16, 2009

Basia's Girls



Basia's Girls
While I was over at Basia's garden visiting her rhubarb [ooops! Did I say that out loud?]...her hens came over to see what I was doing.


This is where they spend the night. 

I think they must love Basia very much because they were not afraid and they hung around me. Not even the dogs bothered them.

This is where we get our eggs for the Lemon Curd and other culinary capers we [well mostly me] test and taste. 
Anyway, I'm laying on the ground wondering what they are so busy eating, when I happen to look down at my arm and its crawling with these sort of beetle-ant-spider things. 

and then I met Walter...and the penny dropped. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright

All photographs and recipes are original and copyrighted to Pat Crocker. Pat invites you to use her recipes and share with family and friends. Please contact Pat Crocker for express permission for commercial, internet, or other use of her photographs and recipes.